Damn the Torpedoes, Full Speed Ahead!

So ready. Some days I am so ready to leave this beautiful cow town, with its structure, fear of change and closed relational circles. Other days I dissolve into tears because I am leaving this beautiful cow town, with every i dotted and t crossed, the market outside my door, the trams that whisk me quietly to the Cathedral and back through the manicured parks. It is so beautiful and safe, orderly and easy.


This part of the world has become part of us in the past twelve years almost as much as the Balkans did in its dusty clutter. But I am closer each day to being ready. The Wild (mid)West truly feels like a young place after this time in the Old World. I am ready for its vigor and love of pushing the boundaries, willingness to TRY and (gasp!) fail, naive friendliness and inclusion, even with the violence and chaos that scares me. I think.



Comments

Popular Posts