Mothers Day Mom #1

I spent Mother's Day this year driving 26 hours straight from Indiana to Idaho with my youngest son, one of the best in recent years! This got me to the social media party late. It was tempting to post a hastily-chosen photo...and then I realized Mother's Day is too complex for me, for that.

I currently have one mother, one sister, three mothers-in-law, ten young adults (six children, two sons-in-law, one daughter-in-law and another one moving out of marriage into her own space), three sisters-in-law, and five grandchildren. An aunt in the mother-generation. Women who have been mentors, influencers, and guides from my Mom's age down to the granddaughters. If I stay in this paragraph much longer, it will become endless.

How are these gifts counted?

They aren't. 


So what I can do is say, Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Just the one, for the moment. The one who just said, "I was never a surly teenager." :) Which is true. She has never been a surly anything, for sure!























































Comments

Popular Posts