light in the longest night

by artist Annemarie Teall

Light and dark have played their roles in my family's life. Of course they have; they play their roles in my own self, in the selves I love, in each of us and around us. 

I am grateful that my children, my family, those I connect with professionally, those I bond with in friendship, all choose light, repeatedly.

Solstice, the Longest Night liturgies, Shab-e Yalda, Soyal, Saturnalia, Dong Zhi, St. Lucia bring our voices and bodies to the place of reflection, mourning, thanksgiving, and intention. Or perhaps none of those - perhaps just being in the dark holding candles.

The cards on our table come from people who battle creeds to those who breathe by creeds. Each one adds light to my life.


**********









Comments

Popular Posts