Parts of Me



Fifty-five degrees, clear blue skies, colored leaves blowing off the maples and yellow poplars. I want to go for a walk, for a run, for a bike ride, be out in the clean wind and sun...but where? Around the one-mile loop in Morrow's Meadow, or out to the cornfields, or through town, all circuits of 5 miles or less. I like them, enjoy them, and will run and walk in them happily once I'm out there. But I've seen them already.

I do miss the canals, the piste des forts, cobblestone roads, tram lines that will whisk me home when I'm tired, the chance to see something I've never seen before on each run that comes from living in a city.

I even love the corners blind because of solid, pastel, balconied apartment buildings, even the one where I was smashed into by the dufus teenager on a bike - on the sidewalk instead of the wonderful bike path just on the other side of the street. How could you not love being run over on a corner that looks like this??

Time to become a long-distance runner, so I can make it 7 miles out of town and back, to see...different cornfields...or start running in neighborhoods, which have no sidewalks or bike paths, peering into windows to see something besides corn? Hm.

I like where I run now. Some days I even love it. I always loved where I used to run.



Comments

Popular Posts