Tidbits

One of our residents checked out, and the next day he ended up making the newspaper, It was handed around the lobby all day....I overheard one short conversation: "Did you see the picture in the paper?" "No, I'm lookin' for good news to start my day." 2-second pause, then "See there? 'Boilermakers Power Up.' That's good news!"

Another day, the paper had an article about a woman who has started a cuddling service. Someone must have mentioned it during morning chapel, because afterwards the men came out offering hugs to each other, very much tongue in cheek. For about a week I would occasionally hear, "Aww, need a hug?"  They just make me laugh.

A young guy, who is amazed that he is as old as 25, came up to my desk. "Don't think I'm a geek - but can people still buy cloaks? I want a cloak." It turns out that his grandmother had made elk-hide cloaks for each of her kids and grandkids, a total of 25, all the cloaks hung on pegs along her hallway in a Wyoming ranch house.

From the one who is ready and waiting for Tuesday night bowling by one o'clock in the afternoon: "I need a bowling alley, so I can practice!"

And, after someone in town started a fire by putting a bag on a stove and accidentally turning on that stove: "I couldn't do that drunk and not notice." (This was from a man who is less aware than most! He probably would do that stone-sober and not notice.)

Comments

Popular Posts