Perfect Timing

Son #2 is anxious these days, not in a worried way but in an impatient way. He has his perfect life planned, and it isn't happening as immediately as he'd like. I am still astounded at the inability of us humans to learn from God's working in the past!

Mark died on a Tuesday; on Friday we were offered our house of recovery and rest. The following summer, I applied for many jobs but spent 5 months unemployed, during which time I was able to work hard outside and also spend hours sitting on my porch, just taking in God's design and wisdom. A week after I stopped applying, realizing that God had His plans, I was offered a job that gave me a place to stick my toe back into a sort of ministry and that also was exactly the right place to process some of the things that happened in my life. I continued resting, even while "working," was given men to care for and watch choose, either against life or for life, a place that gradually trained me not to fall apart when the men did, taught me to pray in more understanding ways, and put me in a world that I want to be involved in as long as I am in the States. And then, when I had financial needs and also was ready to not just sit and watch anymore, I was offered another job that meets both of those things. I am in awe when I see the weaving of so many things that brings me to where I am now.


I am not anxious about God's plans, but about my ability to wait for them and to recognize them when they unfold. My own pattern of decision-making is ignorant and broken. Even in that, though, I feel that I have been protected and guided. He is teaching me how to make decisions in each day that get me where He wants me to go.

Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
    our God is merciful.
The Lord preserves the simple;
    when I was brought low, he saved me.
Return, O my soul, to your rest;
    for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.

Psalms 116:5-7

********
What, no tea??
















Comments

Popular Posts