BC and GT

 Billy Collins is the poet of today's Poem of the Day, reminding us of the possibilities of youthful arrogance and mature savoring of life.

"So glad I waited all these decades...."

Billy Collins happens to be a favorite poet of a favorite family member. I recently promised said family member I wouldn't tell anyone the only place they found to hang a family treasure still awaiting its final place. I'm still not telling.


I can say, though, that this icon was the treasure of my Dad, born this day in 1941, in a leafy northwest Chicago neighborhood. His day of birth, as all of ours, led to life changes for everyone around him and after him. 

He would not have enjoyed being 81. But we have missed his savoring of life and that face every day of the decade and a half he didn't get to wait. 
















Comments

  1. Wonderful photos of a special guy. Thank you for all the memories brought to mind. And a big laugh, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I really like the poem, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts